Youth Leading Innovative Business Outcomes
What is it?
The Youth Effect program aims to provide youth (18-29) with experiential learning and training with local businesses and focuses on fostering entrepreneurship and innovation in Northwestern Ontario. Youth will be carefully selected and matched with a local business based on interest, skill, and need. They will work together over the course of 15 weeks on a clearly identified innovative project and achieve milestones.
The Youth Effect program is not like other placement programs. It not only provides real-life job skills for the youth, but provides them with innovation training, mentorship, a leadership retreat, and a peer network for those showing a passion for entrepreneurship and innovation. Additionally, there's value to the participating businesses, through innovation training and the ability to access the skills and energy of the youth to complete a defined innovative project, the business will be better positioned to grow!
- Youth are paid $18 per hour plus a wage top-up upon successful completion of the program (up to $2/hr)
- Businesses contribute $1000 + hst and mandatory employment-related costs as part of the program
- The program will run for 15 weeks
- Between the ages of 18-29
- Located in Northwestern Ontario
- Legally entitled to work in Canada
- Interested in pursuing entrepreneurship as a career
- Not related to the company applicant
- Able to commit to full-time hours and participate in the full 15-week program
- Must be a business or non profit based in Northwestern Ontario
- Must provide a meaningful innovative project for the youth to work on for 15 weeks
- Must comply with all Federal and Provincial employer payroll remittance requirements for the 15 weeks of employment
Company Applications are now closed.
For more information please contact: