What is it?
We will invest $5000 into your business as well as provide hands-on support, access to mentors, and potential access to investors. With help from us, you will have your new business launched or your current company vaulted into success.
The purpose of this program is to assist with innovative business growth.
Business Accelerator Funding Can Help Your Business!
This funding from this program can be used for the following:
Equipment and inventory purchases.
Obtaining professional services.
(accounting, legal, web development, graphic design services, marketing, branding, training, photography, etc.)
Software and hardware purchases.
This funding program does not support these business expenses: wages, rent, operating expenses, and retroactive expenses.
This program will cover 88% of up to $5,000.00 in assistance towards approved costs in the above categories.
Who is Eligible?
Be located in the Kenora or Rainy River Districts
Be a manufacturing or technology-focused business (food manufactures are eligible)
Be owned by an Ontario resident and Canadian Citizen
Is a sole proprietorship or a corporation where the applicant is the majority shareholder.
Operates full-time (minimum 35 hours/week).
Follows government rules and regulations for operating a business.
New business start-ups are eligible.*
*require a completed BMC or Business Plan
Who is Ineligible?
- Retailers and Resellers
- Hobby and part-time businesses
- Non-for-Profits, Charities and Municipalities
How does the program work?
The following are the steps that need to follow to access the program.
STEP 1: Contact the NOIC to schedule a meeting with an NOIC representative
STEP 2: Start your application, including two quotes from vendors
- You will be able to save and return to your application at any time by clicking on the Terms and Conditions tab above and clicking submit. We suggest you regularly do this as this form does not auto-save and it will not prompt you should you accidently close your window.
- After you submit (save) your application the first time only, you will receive an email with a unique url for your application. You must use this url to access your saved application and you will continue to use this url until your application is completed.
STEP 3: Complete your application, including all the necessary documentation, by clicking ‘Yes, please submit to the review committee’
- Any changes made after this will not be included in the review process
- Please confirm with your NOIC rep that the application has been received
STEP 4: The Regional Accelerator Fund review committee meets monthly.
STEP 5: You will be notified of the review committee’s decision via email.
How to Apply?
We want to make sure you don't spend time applying to a program that may not be the right fit, so email Corey using the button below or call at 807-464-3665.