In 1999, a group of community champions started the Northwestern Ontario Technology Centre. Their goal was to support information technology start-ups in Northwestern Ontario.
Fast forward to today, where we've changed our name to the Northwestern Ontario Innovation Centre since we now focus on all things innovative. From new start-ups to existing businesses, community partners to new projects, and everywhere in between, we like getting right into the thick of things and getting our hands dirty. We pride ourselves on an outstanding and friendly team of employees, contractors and volunteers that work to build and grow success throughout Northwestern Ontario.
Over the years we have called a few locations home. Now we are happily located on the Confederation College Campus. If you're in the area, stop in and chat or pick up some information about our resources! We would love to hear from you.
- Create jobs by supporting innovative entrepreneurs as they establish and/or expand their businesses.
- Contribute to the long-term economic growth of Northwestern Ontario.
- Create conditions favorable for getting innovation and technology to market.
- Encourage ongoing co-operation between business, education and government.
- See innovative projects through to completion.
- We lead change and act on ideas. We will implement where others won't.
- To only undertake innovative projects and programs where we can clearly illustrate value to our clients, partners, members and sponsors. We are committed to being responsible and accountable for our efforts.
- To seek long-term value-added client relationships rooted in partnership and based on success.
- People matter. We are committed to an honest and open corporate culture based on team work, ethics, integrity and outstanding results.
Board of Directors
The Innovation Centre is led by a volunteer Board of Directors with a variety of backgrounds and experience, and a common goal of supporting entrepreneurial success in Northwestern Ontario.