The goal of this project is to work with a network of public and private sector stakeholders to develop an effective Geographic Information Systems (GIS) infrastructure for Northwestern Ontario.
- Champion projects with public and private sector stakeholders to facilitate the availability of current and quality GIS data across Northwestern Ontario.
- Promote the use of GIS technology within municipalities, First Nations, and local boards across Northwestern Ontario.
- Support the development of GIS applications to enhance economic development, tourism, community services, and health and safety.
- Support the growth of existing, as well as the creation of new, businesses within Northwestern Ontario providing GIS-related products and services.
- Promote the use of GIS technology as a tool to be used by existing and new businesses to enhance their competitiveness.
- Within Northwestern Ontario, promote Kindergarten to Grade 12 and post-secondary academic programs incorporating GIS technology across multiple disciplines.