What is it?
If you are a business with an innovative product or service and looking to expand, Next Level can help. Oftentimes, businesses have difficultly accessing funding for growth and get stuck doing the same old thing. This program is designed to help businesses capitalize on market opportunites, expand, and grow.
The purpose of the Next Level program funding is to assist with innovative business growth. This support may be applicable to contracted expertise, services or direct costs in any of the following areas.
Sales and Marketing
- Trade show exhibiting
- Sales training
- Test marketing
- Branding development
- Selected promotional materials
- Export market development
- Market research
- Feasibility analysis
- Product testing
- Certifications, in-market licences, market entry fees
- IP research and protection
- Management support/training
- Business capacity development
- Productivity or lean production implementation
Up to $5,000.00 in assistance may be provided towards approved costs in the above categories.
Who is Eligible?
Revenue producing, innovative companies located within Northwestern Ontario. Funds for this program are limited therefore applications will be weighed on the following criteria:
- An innovative product that is manufacturing or technology-based
- Currently has a monthly revenue of $1000 and has a demonstrated growth rate of 10%
- Ability to sustain at least one full time permanent job position
- Sales outside of Northwestern Ontario or can demonstrate the potential to expand sales outside of NWO.
- A business model and strategy that validates forecasted sales and employment growth
- Next Level funding is not intended for businesses operating as distributors or resellers.
Innovative companies are defined for the purposes of the Next Level program as focusing on technology or manufacturing. Companies that fall outside of these categories but derive a significant portion of sales and profits from products or services recently introduced to the market may also be deemed eligible.
Outcomes of the Next Level project must be geared towards growing sales, increasing employment levels, or decreasing costs.
The applicant is required to contribute 20% of total project costs. Paid expenses occuring before the date of the application for Next Level funding will not be recognized as an eligible contribution.
Applicant contribution must be recieved before payment is advanced to contractors.
How to Apply?
We want to make sure you don't spend time applying to a program that may not be the right fit, so email Kendall using the button below or call at 807-768-6681.
Next Level Project Examples
For an example of recently completed Next Level project, take a look at the following case studies.
This Program is supported by