Support for implementing innovative technology in your business.
ARE YOU LOOKING TO ENHANCE...
Websites and Social Media
Business Processes with Hardware or Software
Human Capital Development and Technology Education
Customer Relationship Management and Online Service
Is your business eligible?
Your Business Must:
• Be a full-time business and have been in operation for at least one year.
• Possess a valid Canadian business number.
• Be located in Northwestern Ontario.
• Established seasonal businesses are eligible.
The following sectors are the preferred sectors for this program.
- Advanced Manufacturing
- Clean Tech
- Tourism and Resources
Other sectors are still eligible and encouraged to apply but must demonstrate an outstanding economic impact and may not receive the full 50% contribution.
Are you ineligible?
• Hobby and part-time businesses
• Municipalities and non-for-profits
BTIF Application Process:
- A consultation between the applicant and the program coordinator will be scheduled to review, discuss and to advise on your application and project proposal.
- Complete and submit the BTIF Application.
- The applicant will be responsible for obtaining project quotes that must be submitted to the program coordinator for review and feedback.
- The applicant will be provided the BTIF Step 4: Pre-Agreement document for their review and submission.
- A final overall evaluation will be conducted by the project coordinator for the applicant’s file. If approved, the applicant will receive a Letter of Offer document which outlines the financial details of the approved grant in addition to project deadlines.
What are some examples of projects that may qualify for BTIF?
Website Projects. Eligible website costs include, but are not limited to:
- Website development
- Responsive website design
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Website Analytics
- Training on how to manage, maintain and update your website from your project vendor
E-business Software or Hardware Projects: Eligible software or hardware costs include, but are not limited to:
- The purchase of software and integration into existing business platforms
- Software solutions which connect online services to your business machines (such as connecting inventory or scheduling software to your website or mobile application)
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
- Mobile application development
- Point-of-sale hardware or software (such as iPads, Laptops, card readers
- Software training for maintaining and managing your software solution from your project vendor
Social Media: Eligible costs for social media planning campaigns include, but are not limited to:
- Research and strategic planning
- Account creation and optimization
- Training to execute your social media campaign project, including social media literacy, learning best practices, and effective campaign planning from your project vendor.
Technology Adoption Education: Eligible costs for technology education include, but are not limited to:
- Course fees
BTIF Deadlines to be aware of:
Please use the table below to keep track of when the submission deadlines are and when the approval confirmations will happen.
|Deadline to Submit||Approval Confirmation|
Please note that the following costs are not eligible for BTIF funding:
- Graphic design, photography services (such as new logos), and ongoing social media management are not eligible costs.
- Site maintenance, website hosting fees, ongoing costs are not eligible.
- Work undertaken prior to project approval is not eligible for funding.
Call us to set up a meeting to discuss this opportunity further!