Canada Small Business Financing (CSBF)
The Canada Small Business Financing Program helps you with your financing needs. Under the program, the Government of Canada makes it easier for small businesses to get loans from financial institutions by sharing the risk with lenders.
- to help new businesses get started and established firms make improvements and expand
- to improve access to loans that would not otherwise be available to small businesses
- to stimulate economic growth and create jobs for Canadians
How and where to apply for a loan
Financial institutions deliver the program. Industry Canada does not participate in making the decision to accept or refuse your loan application.
Discuss your business needs with a financial officer at any bank, caisse populaire, or credit union in Canada. The financial officer will review your business proposal and make a decision on your loan application. Once the decision is made to offer financing under the program, the financial institution will register the loan with Industry Canada. ( List of lenders)
Eligible Small Business:
- Small businesses operating for profit in Canada
- Gross annual revenues of $5 million or less.
Ineligible Small Business:
- farming businesses (Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada has a similar program for the farming industry — for information, visit www.agr.gc.ca )
- not-for-profit organizations
- charitable and religious organizations.
What is eligible for financing
- Financing up to 90% of the cost of:
- Purchasing or improving land, real property or immovables
- Purchasing leasehold improvements or improving leased property
- Purchasing or improving new or used equipment
Link to the Web Site here