Early Stage Innovation Assistance Program
In Northwestern Ontario, many small and medium sized businesses have difficulty accessing the appropriate expertise and resources to move their idea to the marketplace.
The intent of this program is to provide technical assistance and support services to enable the successful launch and growth of early stage innovation. This assistance includes, but is not limited to, the following services:
- Access to engineering design and design-for-manufacture resources
- Assistance with prototype development
- Technical feasibility analysis
- Productivity enhancement analysis
Small- and Medium-sized Enterprises can receive up to $5,000.00 towards the development of their product through the IRAP Advance – Early Stage Innovation Initiative Program. Note that this program is not intended to support, nor is applicable to, retailers or resellers.
- Must be a For-Profit, Canadian firm with less than 100 employees and either incorporated or in the process of incorporating.
- Seeking assistance in the development of new products, processes or services, or in the adoption of technology, which has the potential to help increase sales, employment or productivity.
Application processing and other related services provided by the Northwestern Ontario Innovation Center require an administration fee of $400.00 + HST payable by the applicant at the time of approval.
How to Apply
We want to make sure you don't spend time applying to a program that may not be the right fit, so email Kendall using the button below or call at 807-768-6621.
Take a look at the IRAP Advance Application Form to see what is required.
All projects must be completed no later than March 1st, 2016.
This program is supported by the National Research Council Canada Industrial Research Assistance Program (NRC-IRAP).