Information Communication Technology study
|Information Communication Technology Utilization Study (ICT) (2010)|
|NeoNet Business Report (2009)|
|NeoNet Residential Report (2009)|
The NWO Innovation Centre and the Sault Ste. Marie Innovation Centre have formed a partnership to undertake a study to discover the Information Communication Technology (ICT) that is currently impacting the economy of Northern Ontario and highlight those technologies that can have a profound effect in the region.
The purpose of this project is to determine the current barriers and issues to achieving social and economic benefits of ICT and provide recommendations and a strategy for moving forward to maximizing the economic development benefits of ICT in Northern Ontario.
The recommendations that were developed during the study are:
- Enhance the support systems available to SMEs to encourage adoption, stimulate growth and create a platform for ICT integration.
- Attracting knowledge workers to Northern Ontario should become a key component of the labour ICT strategy for the region.
- Enhance educational opportunities with a focus on ICT skills development.
- Expand the scope of current GIS undertakings and strengthen the linkages between business intelligence and value realization for SMEs.
- Engage IT organizations with the larger business community to ensure alignment of core products and services with market demand.
Support for this project has been provided by: