Business Innovation Summit 2013
Northwest Ontario Innovation Centre is pleased to be working with the Conference Board of Canada’s on their Business Innovation Summit 2013: Innovation for the Corporation. As an Innovator Member we can offer you the special rate of $950 if you’d like to attend. That’s $545 off the full registration fee! See below for details on how to register with at this rate. This submit takes place on Tuesday, February 19, 2013 and Wednesday, February 20, 2013 at the Fairmont Royal York in Toronto.
The Conference Board is bringing together over 300 participants including senior business leaders and decision makers, key innovation experts, venture capitalists and other types of investors, entrepreneurs, government officials, leading academics, and Canadian institutes and associations focused on innovation, to focuses on how to re-think, re-new and transform firm-level innovation in Canada. It explores the real-life challenges and opportunities of innovation within firms—and features tangible solutions that work. An exciting combination of high-profile keynote speakers, special interactive presentations and delegate-expert sharing offers participants unique insights and tools to improve innovation results in their own organizations.
You’ll hear from the leaders of top organizations including:
- Amanda Lang, Senior Business Correspondent, CBC News and Co-Host, The Lang & O’Leary Exchange
- John Lutz, President, IBM Canada Ltd.
- Peter Aceto, President and Chief Executive Officer, ING DIRECT Canada
- Nitin Kawale, President, Cisco Systems Canada Co.
- John Ruffolo, Chief Executive Officer, OMERS Ventures
- Amy Lukken, Vice-President, Cultural Development and Learning, InterfaceFLOR (United States)
- Ross Finlay, Co-Founder and Director, First Angel Network Association
- Michelle Scarborough, Chair, National Angel Capital Organization (NACO)
- Adam Chowaniec, Founding Chairman, Startup Canada
- Mike Andrade, Executive Vice-President, Diversified Markets, Celestica Inc.
- Waguih Ishak, Division Vice-President and Director, Corning West Technology Centre, Corning Incorporated (United States)
- Rohit Shukla, Chief Executive Officer, Larta Institute (United States)
- Andy Yang, Managing Director and Chief Innovation Hunter, Extreme Startups
- Siegfried Alberton, Professor, Economics of Innovation and Technoscience, SUPSI-DSAS, (Switzerland)
- Douglas Lloyd, Executive Director, Financial Systems Authority, Treasury Board of Canada Secretariat
The Summit is international in scope, attracting presenters and participants from across Canada and around the world, and features topics such as:
- Canada's Entrepreneurial Future - how start-ups can help narrow Canada's innovation gap and help Canada become more competitive globally.
- The Power of Big Data - how organizations can benefit from its use and how investment opportunities can help Canada achieve future growth.
- The Intellectual Property Protection Debate - should IP protection be strengthened or reduced to stimulate innovation?
- Valuing Measurement and Finding the "Sweet Spot" - metrics to survive and thrive in the new world.
- Global Open Innovation - world class innovation without the cost.
- Funding and Growing Innovation in Canada - how more companies can successfully gain funding from angel investors.
- Developing Skills that Create an Innovation Culture - creating a corporate culture for commercialization success.
- Lessons from Corporate World Leaders - success stories from leading innovation nations: Germany, Israel, Switzerland, and the United States.
- Innovators and Capital Markets - the challenge of financing business innovation in Canada.
Discussions will focus on how firms can achieve real gains in business innovation that translate into economic benefits and a reinvigoration of our competitive position globally. The Summit will provide an opportunity for participants to learn, discuss and debate the latest issues and trends relating to innovation, and determine strategies to contribute to improving innovation in Canada, at the firm-level.
Register Now! You can access our special rate of $950 by entering Rebate Code PRM6 in the final step of the registration process. PLEASE NOTE: This rate is applicable to non-registered delegates only. We are not able to issue refunds if you have previously registered.